Thursday, May 31, 2007

My loving Dad


My Dear Dad, lost his fight against lung cancer last monday and we lost our Dad, husband granddad and friend.
There are no words that can express how great a loss we feel. However we are comforted by all that he brought to our lives.
Dad was a man with a mission, to bring friendship, joy and laughter to all he met. He always had a kind word and was eager to help others. My Dad loved us, this we can be sure of as he never tired of telling us or the rest of the world that he did and how proud he was to be happilly married to his beautiful wife,or of his Liss and her wonderful family, or of Rafe who was so strong and handsome(like my Dad) and of me with my nursing. He was also very proud of his 6 grandchildren, doing duck voices for Jonah and I'd often forget how far away Liss lived when he retold funny stories about what her fabulous 5 had been up to.
Please excuse me for writing so much, I just want to say we love and miss you Dad. x



7 comments:

the editor said...

Emma, we are so very sorry for the loss of your wonderful Dad. We only saw "Grandpa Michael" a handful of times but he was so fun and charming each time! We know you all will miss him so much and we pray God's comfort for each one of you. Please pass on our condolences to your mom and Rafe(and also congratulations to Rafe on his marriage). Rachael and I pray for your family every night.
with much love,
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

well put Em,it hurts so much,dont know what to say.

Anonymous said...

Chère Emma et toute la famille,
j'ai planté avec beaucoup d'affection les graines de Mike...j'attends avec impatience les premières fleurs...Mike restera dans mon coeur, car c'était un homme bien!
Bisous à toi Emma et toute ta famille

The National Scribe said...

we are all very sorry for your loss. The post was beautifully written and the pictures are wonderful as well. He will only be gone from sight but never from your heart.

Em and Jonah said...

Thank you all for your kindness.

Unknown said...

Hey Em and Family,

So sorry to hear about your dad. Hope you're finding strength and comfort in each other.

Take care all, bright blessings.

Anonymous said...

Please accept our sincerest sympathies on the loss of your extraordinary father. I had the privilege of meeting him several years ago and he struck me as a wonderful man with many amazing talents. I know that you and your entire family will miss him immensely, but take comfort in your many memories and the knowledge of the love you all shared. May God bring peace to your hearts.
Much love,
Connie